Open practices are upon us, and you the fan have a chance to view minicamp at the Florham Park facility. Depending on my work schedule (which I will receive tomorrow), I plan on coming up to watch practice on Wednesday and hopefully Thursday. I'd be wearing a JetsDaily shirt, so if you see me, come up and say hello. I'm certainly excited to see both the Jets in action and the new practice facility.
By now, the storylines are pretty set in stone, but I'll list the top storylines quickly.
1. How does the golden boy Mark Sanchez look, and can he show the coaching staff enough to begin to wrest the starting job from Kellen Clemens?
2. Is the defense worth the hype? You can't really tell in this setting, but you can see Rex Ryan and Bart Scott in action and some of the differences between this year's team and previous years.
3. How does rookie coach Rex Ryan conduct minicamp, and how different will it be compared to previous coaches Eric Mangini and Herman Edwards. Ryan is clearly a players' coach, but I can't see him running a Herm-like "Club Med" training camp. This will be your first clue.
4. Which receiver will emerge? Jerricho Cotchery and Dustin Keller are going to be the top two options, but will Chansi Stuckey continue to impress, or will David Clowney or Brad Smith flash their skills?
5. Is Shonn Greene good enough to make Thomas Jones expendable?
6. Can Vernon Gholston show anything?
7. Who has the upper hand in the exciting Eric Wilbur - T.J. Conley punting competition?
8. How do the newcomers look? Not just Bart Scott, but Lito Sheppard, Jim Leonhard, Marques Douglas, Donald Strickland, and Howard Green as well.
Now for some helpful links for those planning on going to Florham Park in the next few days...
Here's the schedule of events for what's left of "Jets Week."
Here are directions to the Atlantic Health Jets Training Facility.